Gruppo Falcione, founded by L. Falcione in 1955, is a leading player in the Italian energy industry. 2013 group revenues are about € 180 million. The energy business dates to the beginning of the Nineties and is now run by dedicated companies under the holding Burns
The companies controlled by the holding are:
- Phlogas (gas sale and trading with 1 bcm of gas sales and 45,000 clients);
- Compagnia Italiana del Gas (gas import);
- Molise Gestioni (gas distribution and owner of 300 km of gas network);
- Trans European Energy (LNG terminal in Albania);
- Molise Energia (renewable power generation).
It is worth note that Compagnia Italiana del Gas has been the first private company in the world to sign a long-term gas import agreement with Sonatrach via pipeline from Algeria to Italy. The agreement, signed in 2003, is for the delivery of 500 mil cm/yr of gas from October 2008 until 2019 with a possibility to extend until 2026.
Gruppo Falcione is also active in the public and private construction business trough Costruzioni Falcione S.r.l. and in the production of cement trough Conglomerati Falcione.